On Tuesday, October 27, 2015, I posted tweets on Twitter about my efforts to help community members in-need by anonymously purchasing breakfasts for them. It started with a friendly couple (elderly man and woman) who were sitting next to me enjoying their breakfasts. They […]
Month: January 2018
A few years ago, I ate lunch at a beautiful restaurant in the Kihei neighborhood on Maui. I decided to try the BBQ ribs with pineapple sauce. I went back the next day for more.
Culturally Delicious Magazine’s Passion Fruit – Pineapple BBQ sauce is sweet, tart and delicious. Don’t be afraid to adjust our recipe to fit your taste.
- 1 cup cider vinegar
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 cup crushed pineapple, undrained
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup passion fruit concentrate
- 3 pounds pork spareribs, cut into serving size pieces
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, stir together the cider vinegar, ketchup, soy sauce and crushed pineapple. Stir in brown sugar, cornstarch, salt and pepper. Cook, stirring constantly, until slightly thickened; about 5 minutes. Remove from heat, add in the passion fruit concentrate; set sauce aside.
- Arrange a layer of plain spareribs in a roasting pan (meat up) and then arrange another layer of plain spareribs on top. Season with salt and pepper. Cover pan very tightly with foil.
- Bake in preheated oven for 1¼ hours.
- Now remove them from the oven and drain the fat from the pan.
- Cover the spareribs with the Passion Fruit – Pineapple BBQ sauce.
- Place back in the oven, uncovered.
- Bake for 35 minutes.
Makes 6 servings.