Are you a tourist or a traveler? In recent years, the trend has categorized a “tourist” as a person with little respect for the culture and land he/she visits. While a “traveler” is the opposite; someone who respects the laws and cultural differences of the […]
A few years ago, I ate lunch at a beautiful restaurant in the Kihei neighborhood on Maui. I decided to try the BBQ ribs with pineapple sauce. I went back the next day for more. Culturally Delicious Magazine’s Passion Fruit – Pineapple BBQ sauce is […]
Pineapples are America’s second favorite tropical fruit.
This native South American tropical fruit is known for its juicy sweet and tart taste.
July is National Ice Cream Month and Culturally Delicious Magazine loves ice cream.
The following recipe will instruct you on how to make our favorite pineapple ice cream.
- Ice Cream Maker
- Food Processor
- 2 Saucepans
- Measuring Cup
- 2 Cups
- 1 Medium Bowl
- 1 Spatula
- 1 cup chopped fresh pineapple
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup water
- 1 quart heavy cream
- 8 egg yolks
- Add pineapple to food processor and pulse several times; remove and set aside in cup.
- In a saucepan – mix in water, sugar and pineapple. Simmer the mixture over low-heat for about 4 minutes; to instill flavors. Remove from heat and cool completely. Mixture should not be dry.
- Pour vanilla extract and eggs into a medium bowl; whisk together.
- Pour cream into an empty saucepan and bring to a gentle boil over medium heat. Turn down to low heat.
- Remove 1 cup of hot cream from saucepan. Then whisk hot cream into the egg/vanilla mixture. Mix thoroughly.
- In a steady stream, slowly whisk the egg/hot cream mixture into the hot cream in the saucepan.
- Cook for 3 minutes over low heat; stir occasionally. Remove from heat and stir in pineapple. Cool in refrigerator completely.
- Add the fruit/cream mixture to the ice cream machine. Process according to the ice cream machine’s directions.
Garnish with fresh mint. Makes six ½ cup servings.